For Team Leaders
Take part in the DAFTAS!
The Team Leaders registration for The DAFTAS 2022 is now closed. Why not to sign up to our emails to stay up to date with the latest?
What are the DAFTAS
The DAFTAS is your chance to show your wit, creativity and filmmaking skills to the panel of celebrated judges.
It is a place where you can learn new skills and create something you can be proud of.
What's in it for you
- All nominated short films will premiere in London
- Prizes for winners
- All films reviewed by judging panel consisting of award-winning filmmakers, comedians, film critics
- Shortlisted films are going to Brighton Fringe 2022
I had such an amazing time making the film with my team and I can't wait to see other entries. Thank you for doing this festival, it brought us such joy to get out and film again!
This is a wonderful project and we really appreciate all the hard work and love you put in to it.
I love this idea behind this whole festival!
The DAFTAS 2022 Timeline
Team Leaders' Role
As a team leader, you will be the producer of your film. You would need to
- Get together your team (writer, actors, director, makeup, editor, composer)
- Participate in an online draw
- Budget the film (maximum of £200 plus food expenses and travel)
- Produce, film, edit and submit your film for the DAFTAS judging panel no later than 13th of March 2022
Please note that at all times you must ensure compliance with local laws and government guidance in relation to tackling the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Short Spoof of your respective BAFTA-nominated film in a resolution of 1080 and above*
- You should include the DAFTAS reel card at the beginning of your film (will be provided)
- 30-second trailer
- High res still photo
- Original poster
- Film budget breakdown
- Film schedule breakdown (template will be provided)
- Talent Release Form (template will be provided)
- Coronavirus Risk Assessment (template will be provided)
*Please note, all content must be original. You can’t reuse any previously recorded footage.
- Up to 6-minutes long including opening and closing titles
- All original content. Reuse of previously filmed material is not allowed
- Location filming – two days