The cost of the insurance is not included in the £200 budget as some production companies might have various arrangements in place already. On the other hand, smaller teams that will produce sketches with their flat mates on their phones might not need the insurance altogether. The difference in circumstances might disadvantage teams that do require the filming insurance and will set them back a pretty sum.
How much exactly is the insurance? We obtained a quick quote from performance as follows:
- Employers Liability – Covers injury to anyone working on the project
- Public Liability – Covers damage to 3rd party property, locations, studios etc.. as well as 3rd party person (someone not working on the shoot)
For the two covers above only and a budget of £200 for a 2 day shoot it would be
- £99.60 for £2m Public Liability and £10m Employers Liability,
- £127.60 for £5m Public Liability and £10m Employers Liability and
- £155.60 for £10m Public Liability and £10m Employers Liability,
When obtaining permits the Public Liability limit will depend on what the local councils/studios etc.. are insisting the project to have a certain level of Public Liability for film. Any Equipment cover will be in addition to the above premiums and all of the quotations can be sough via our quote and buy system here Performance | Your Details (performance-insurance.com).
Please be advised we are not partnering with Performance at the moment and are providing the quote just for your guidance.