2021 DAFTAS Registration Form
Thank you for your interest in The DAFTAS!
Please kindly fill the form below to take part in 2021. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for full details of our film challenge.
Please note that we only accept entries from Team Leaders who can enter with their own team of up to ten people.
By submitting this form you agree to be contacted by the DAFTAS organisers.
More about The DAFTAS
Please see below all the information for Team Leaders. By the time you will have read this page, we hope you will be fully equipped with facts about the DAFTAS and beaming with enthusiasm to join the challenge this year.
What are DAFTAS
The DAFTAS is a film challenge awards where we celebrate the best shot spoof of BAFTA-nominated films.
Team Leader’s role
As a team leader, you will be the producer of your film. You would need to
- Get together your team (writer, actors, director, makeup, editor, composer)
- Participate in an online draw
- Budget the film (maximum of £200 plus food expenses)
- Produce, film, edit and submit your film for the DAFTAS judging panel no later than the 7th of May 2021
Please note that at all times you must ensure compliance with local laws and government guidance in relation to tackling the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Short Spoof of your respective BAFTA-nominated film in a resolution of 1080 and above*
- You should include the DAFTAS reel card at the beginning of your film (will be provided)
- 30-second trailer
- High res still photo
- Original poster
- Film budget breakdown
- Film schedule breakdown (template will be provided)
- Talent Release Form (template will be provided)
- Coronavirus Risk Assessment (template will be provided)
*Please note, all content must be original. You can’t reuse any previously recorded footage.
- Up to 6-minutes long, plus opening and closing titles
- All original content. Reuse of previously filmed material is not allowed
- Location filming – maximum of two days
Here is what will happen after you submit your film
All submitted films will be reviewed by our judging panel and shortlisted films will be announced on the 12th of May. We will feature all submitted and qualifying films on our web page daftas.org.
All shortlisted films will be announced and featured on the DAFTAS social media channels and on partners’ channels where possible.
All shortlisted films will be screened during the awards ceremony on the 29th of May and all winning films will be featured on our Partner’s short films’ streaming platform shotly.film.
Please note that although the organisers are working around the clock to commit to the timeline, due to the government regulations, the dates are subject to a change with short notice.